Before diving into setting up your routines, you should make sure of two things:
- You've already installed the SMART HUB-150. If you'd like to see an in-depth video on how to do this, please click here.
- You’ve installed your all your lights, if you haven't, you should go and do that first before starting this process.
To start, press and hold the power button on the side of the transformer for 15 whole seconds, this will reset the transformer and allow you to set up the SMART HUB-150 seamlessly.
If you ever run into any issues in the future, just press and hold that button for 15 seconds. Resetting the transformer will solve most of your issues and get you back on track to using your SMART HUB-150.
Next, you’ll need the in-lite app to set up the transformer, to watch a full video on how to do this, click here.
Once you’ve watched the video and you’ve set up your zones, follow these steps:
1. Click on Routines, this feature will allow you to automatically control when your lights turn on and off. You will also have the flexibility to control each of the zones individually.
ROUTINE OPTION #1
2. If you’re setting up a routine for the first time, click on “Set your first routine” to get started. There are a ton of options for you to choose from, so pick the one that best suits your needs. For example, if you wish for your front garden and path lights to turn on at sunset and stay on until sunrise, all you need to do is click on “Sunrise to sunset”.
3. Name your routine (in this example we’ll name it as “Front night auto") and select your front garden zone. Click “Add” to save the changes and you’re good to go!
Cool fact: the SMART HUB-150 has an astrological clock built-in so it knows when the sunset and sunrise occurs based on your location!
ROUTINE OPTION #2
Another good example of a routine you can create could be a scenario where you want your backyard lights to stay on only a little while after sunset, and after that, you want them to turn on by a motion detector.
1. First, click on “New routine” and then click on “Sunset automatically” if you want your lights to come on every night when the sun sets.
2. Once you’ve done that, select what time you want them to stay on until. For example, if you wish to choose until midnight, just drag the green bar over to the 12. You can play around with how long you want the lights to stay on (and make changes later) by simply sliding the green bar back and forth.
3. Next, select the backyard zone and click “Add”. This will save the changes.
We've got our routine for the first half of the night, now we want to set up a motion detector for the rest of the night. It's likely that no one will be back there from midnight to sunrise, but if someone is, we want the lights to turn on. So let's get the motion detector set up:
1. First, select to setup a new routine and click on “Motion detection". To start setting up your SMART MOVE, click on the green button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Name the motion detector and choose for how long you want the lights to stay on after the SMART MOVE is triggered.
3. Choose the light zone where you want to place the device (in this case we’ll select the backyard) and click “Done”. This motion detector will only activate the lights between sunset and sunrise, so you don’t have to worry about your lights turning on during the day.
You can easily change up your routines at any point by editing the ones you have, deleting them or creating new ones. You can get as creative as you want here! So, don’t be scared to play around with the routines to find what’s best for you.
And that’s how you set up routines with the SMART HUB-150!
Take your time, experiment with different light zones, and if you get stuck – don’t be afraid to reach out to your in-lite representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to see an awesome video on how to set up your routines, click on this video below: